1. Savage Circle2. Babylon's Burning
3. Dope For Guns
4. Black Man's Pinch
5. Criminal Mind
6. S.U.S.
7. Society
8. You're Just A...
9. It Was Cold
10. Something That I Said
11. Staring At The Rude Boys
12. Demolition Dancing
13. In A Rut
14. Secret Soldiers
Rest in peace, Paul Fox and Malcolm Owen. Damn man, you would be hard pressed to find a more underrated band, and not only that, but one that could've continued making incredible music. A short lived band, they released only one album, The Crack, and one compilation that included a few of their last singles, Grin & Bear It. The former is one of the best albums to come out of punk rock.... ever. The latter had some miscellaneous things, but the gem you'll really find on it is a little of what you'll find here, are some of the songs that would've gone onto a second album, and I think that those final singles are the best things they had done yet. Songs like "West One Shine On Me" and "Secret Soldiers" held hope for an album that would've blown your mind. Unfortunately, Malcolm Owen (the singer) died and we were left with those singles and the one album. On this, you'll hear some of both. This is a really wonderful collection of songs recorded and mixed very well. For whatever reason, this is out of print and has been for quite some time, but it's one of the very best collection of Ruts songs that you could hope for. Get it by CLICKING HERE.
I got my copy from a torrent that had something like a hundred Ruts recordings, which I'll post more of later on, but you can find this CD at PunkNotProfit as well. Paul Fox, the amazing guitarist died just last year of inoperable lung cancer. The very last concert he ever played was a benefit to raise money so he could live a little longer. They had Henry Rollins fronting it, and from what I've seen on YouTube, it was a pretty good performance. That will be out on DVD soon, which you can order here.
5 comments:
File Corupt - Please reup
I would just try it again. I downloaded it just now and it worked fine.
These files have been uploaded with a bit rate of 128 bps and are therefore very poor. Really not worth having.
I'm sorry for that, but sometimes it's the best that I can do. A lot of these files have been downloaded from one place or another.
Dear Claudius, checkin' out your blog after finding the live Television 2007. As you or others may not have this, here's something I upped recently: the Ruts first ever recordings. Rough but irreplaceable.
Ruts - Freerange Studio Session (01.10.77) @ 160 kbps
01. Rich bitch (demo)
02. Out of order (demo)
03. Lobotomy (demo)
04. Stepping bondage (demo)
http://sharebee.com/814d812f (multi-mirror)
PS: If you'd rather I didn't post links in comments, just delete this. Thanks again, Dave Sez.
Post a Comment