
This is a bootlegged show from over a decade ago. This was posted on the message board for the Rollins Archive, but I enjoyed it so much, I figured I'd share it with you. For those of you who don't know, Henry Rollins has his own radio show based out of Los Angeles on Indie 103.1 every Tuesday night. Their website has a live feed, but if you're like me and you can't listen to it every Tuesday live, then the very next day you can find the show for free download at the Rollins Archive, a wonderful website that's been keeping up with his radio show for three years and counting. On the website, there is a forum to discuss anything and everything, but we've landed on some bootleg shows. This is one of my favorites. It's a little different in that he has a lot more celebrity stories than usual. I like his political stuff better myself, but the celebrity stories are usually really funny. This one includes run ins with Jerry Lee Lewis, Jerry Schilling, Johnny Cash, Tom Petty, Gene Simmonds, and more. Get the show here:
PARTS 1 & 2
PARTS 3 & 4
Henry Rollins is currently on the second major leg of the Provoked tour, possibly one of the best shows he's ever put on, to be honest. I caught the Ann Arbor date on the first leg of the tour, and that one was great, but he was recently in Pakistan and happened to be there when Benazir Bhutto was assassinated, so I'm sure he's got new and even more interesting stories to
tell us. Go see him, it's usually only $20 bucks, he'll usually talk for a solid three hours (you get your money's worth!), and you can usually meet him after the show, and he's a very cool guy. I've gotten to shake his hand twice, and he was very approachable and welcoming both times.
1 comment:
very funny ...
link#2 won't work
Post a Comment