Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Music news: The Fall - new album for March '08

There's a new Fall album on the way, of course. I'm sure that even until that cranky 'ol bastard's dying breath, you can always expect a new album. He'll probably die in the recording studio, either covering an old rock 'n roll song or an original with a bad ass riff and his existentialist lyrics. His dying words, which will be recorded, will be something indiscernible followed by the word "bastard."

Anyway, on Sanctuary Records (apparently no Narnack release will follow in the states) will be the Fall's new studio album, expected for a March release:

IMPERIAL WAX SOLVENT (no artwork yet)
1. Alton Towers
2. Wolf Kidult Man
3. 50-Year-Old Man
4. I've Been Duped
5. Strangetown (Groundhogs cover)
6. Taurig
7. Can Can Summer
8. Tommy Shooter
9. Latch Key Kid
10. Is This New
11. Senior Twilight Stock Replacer
12. Exploding Chimney

There are a lot of people who didn't dig the last album, the first one featuring the line-up on this album. I didn't love it, but I did like it, and I certainly appreciated the fact that the sound was unique to any other album that came before it. I'm hoping they can take the best elements of that album and improve upon it for this album. I've only heard a couple of songs that appear on this album, and only one of them can I really remember ("50-Year-Old Man"), but that was a cool track. Actually, I heard that one on a bootleg called 50-Year-Old Man, the show that was Mark E. Smith's 50th birthday. I have to post that show at some point, if for nothing else than for the moment between songs that someone yells out "Happy birthday, ya cunt!"

No comments: