
1. 007 (Shanty Town)
2. Sabotage
3. Shing A Ling
4. Hey Grandma
5. Beautiful and Dangerous
6. Wise Man
7. Music Like Dirt (Intensified)
8. Rudy Got Soul
9. Unity
10. Mother Pepper
11. It Pays
12. Mother's Young Gal
Desmond Dekker is easily one of the best and most influential, but at the same time most underrated, reggae artist of all time. He is, almost single-handedly, responsible for bringing reggae music to the attention of the rest of the world, paving the way for Bob Marley, and inspiring a new musical form known as ska. Unfortunately, he would be pinned down as basically a one hit wonder with the amazing song "Israelites," and we would be treated only with greatest hits collections. I almost never buy collections or anthologies. I am willing to listen to them, but I will not buy them if I have the option. If I've heard a few songs from an artist that I like, chances are they have many more good ones and I'd like to hear as much as I possibly can from them. I think that greatest hits collections water down a great body of work, and they completely take away from the experience and art form of an album. This is a really brilliant debut album, even for debut albums, but this is was the beginning of the reggae revolution. This album was recently remastered and re-released on CD with bonus tracks, so I'm only slightly bending my rule of not posting easy-to-find albums, because this is so often overlooked AND this is the vinyl rip that I found somewhere online. If you see this and you are the one who ripped it, e-mail me and I will credit you.
Get this amazing album by clicking here!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment