Not that I have a dedicated fanbase or anything yet, but I know I have one or two people who check back every so often. In which case, you might remember that in my second post I stated I would post an album only if it was out of print, hard to find, or simply too expensive. I'm taking that back and I deleted that post.
I do believe that musicians, especially underground artists, should get paid and paid well for their work, and I still get irritated at people who buy no music whatsoever. However, I think that the majority of the people who come to these sites and who run these sites are more sophisticated than that and that most of them do run these sites for the right reasons. We're here as fans, connecting to other fans across the world in an unprecedented way. We give out music that you could never ever find in a record store, or would have to spend way too much money on by doing the snail-mail bootleg trading.
I buy so much music and go to so many concerts that it's disgusting. These artists have my money already. All I'm doing by running this site and visiting others is sharing my passion, promoting their work, and discovering more bands and albums that I will most likely end up purchasing eventually.
So I will post whatever I feel like posting, whatever I love and whatever I want other people to hear. Major labels, independent labels, no-labels, whatever. The man with an incredible blog, Nuzz Prowling Wolf, said in one of the very first comments to my blog "Keep on blogging in the free world." For whatever reason, that resonated with me and I decided FUCK IT, the airwaves belong to us now.
If you do like the music that you hear on this site, then I do highly encourage you to buy the albums, go see the artist in concert. But if you don't, that's your decision, I'm just hear to encourage you to hear more music and discover new things. Enough talking out of me, let's move boldly forward.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I wish I had your way with words. Not much more true than what you have written here. My concert days are at a standstill due to finances and the fact that I live in the middle of nowhere. I have music in my veins and there is no stopping that. I found your site because you made a comment after min on the seeing red blog about Terrorizer. Your site resembles mine in that it is pretty varied. If you get a chance check it out and let me know what you think and feel free to be critical. Thanx again, loved the Desmond Dekker post.
That is a huge compliment. Thank you very much.
My concert days are also at a standstill because of a very intense financial situation. That being COLLEGE.
I am stuck in the middle of nowhere as well, but I happen to be fortunate to be always be a couple hours away from somewhere. Where I have lived most of my life is about three hours south of Detroit, three hours west of Cleveland, three hours east of Chicago, and two hours north of Indianapolis. So concerts were a hop, skip, and a jump away, as long as I could squeeze out the gas money for a thirsty Buick.
I will definitely be checking out your blog any minute now!
Amen... I couldn't have said it any better.
Shucks cladius.
Post a Comment