Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Simon and Garfunkel - Live 1969

1. Homeward Bound
2. At the Zoo
3. 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
4. Song For the Asking
5. For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her
6. Scarborough Fair
7. Mrs. Robinson
8. The Boxer
9. Why Don't You Write Me
10. So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright
11. That Silver-Haired Daddy Of Mine
12. Bridge Over Troubled Water
13. The Sound Of Silence
14. I Am A Rock
15. Old Friends/Bookends Theme
16. Leaves That Are Green
17. Kathy's Song

Recently released, I believe, through Starbucks. It may seem superfluous, especially if you've heard a live album of theirs before, but the performances on here are absolutely dynamic. This is the tour promoting their (at the time) not-yet-released "Bridge Over Troubled Water" album, so the crowds are hearing many of the songs for the first time. The audience reactions, especially to the title track, are priceless. They're exactly what you'd expect from hearing such amazing songs for the first time. Get it RIGHT HERE!

No comments: