Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Fall - Fall Heads Roll

1. Ride Away
2. Pacifying Joint
3. What About Us
4. Midnight Aspen
5. Assume
6. Assume Reprise
7. Blindness
8. I Can Hear the Grass Grow
9. Bo Demmick
10. Yawanner
11. Clasp Hands
12. Early Days of Channel Fuehrer
13. Breaking the Rules
14. Trust In Me

Another hotly-debated album as to how good it is. I can understand those who don't like it, it doesn't measure up in artistic virtuosity like The Unutterable... but then again, what does? This is not The Fall trying to blow anybody away with amazing lyrics or particularly amazing music, this is a pop album in its essence. Not your typical pop album, this is pop music done Fall style, which essentially makes it unplayable on mainstream radio, despite how catchy or wonderful it really is. I happen to be one that loves this album and makes no apology for it. I love The Fall when they blow me away like they do with Live At The Witch Trials or The Unutterable, but I also love The Fall just trying to have fun like with The Marshall Suite or this album. So get up and get into it, but first get it RIGHT HERE!

No comments: