Friday, February 1, 2008

Music news - Rudimentary Peni new release & new Blinko book

The word on the street is that Rudimentary Peni has finished recording and mixing a new release, probably an EP instead of an LP, but anything from them is okay by me. It is titled "No More Pain," and has a tentative release date of the first quarter of this year. That leaves me skeptical, though, because they were saying that on the Southern forums months ago, saying that they were just waiting for Nick Blinko's artwork for the album. If any of you have seen his artwork, you can imagine how long that kind of stuff must take, but it's February and we have yet to receive word on an official release date. I'm willing to bet that we won't actually get to hear the album until summer. I can be patient, I'm just glad they are going to keep making records. After hearing 2006's "Archaic," one of their strongest releases in years, I couldn't wait to hear what was next.

Also on the horizon is another book by lead singer Nick Blinko. He has written a book before, Primal Screamer, based on his time in a mental institution. I've, so far, found no information as to what the new book is about, but apparently it is finished and expected to come out some time this year. Lord knows when exactly, though, because this also has been given no official release date.

Something else to look forward to in 2008!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed they were coming out with some new music when I was doing some research for a post. I can't wait for that one