Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley



Bo Diddley
1. Bo Diddley
2. I'm A Man
3. I'm A Man (alternate take)
4. Diddley Daddy
5. She's Fine, She's Mine
6. Pretty Thing
7. Bring It To Jerome
8. Bring It To Jerome (alternate take)
9. Heart-O-Matic Love
10. Diddy Wah Diddy
11. I'm Looking For A Woman
12. Who Do You Love?
13. I'm Bad
14. Cops And Robbers
15. Down Home Special
16. Hey! Bo Diddley
17. Mona (I Need You Baby)
18. Say Boss Man
19. Before You Accuse Me
20. Hush Your Mouth
21. Dearest Darling
22. Hush Your Mouth (alternate take)
23. Dearest Darling (alternate take)

As far as I'm concerned, rock 'n roll's beginnings come down to Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, and our man seen above: BO DIDDLEY. Elvis was a white guy playing black music, Chuck was a black guy playing white music, but Bo was not crossing racial lines as he was cultural lines. He started bringing the African sound to rock 'n roll, which would have a huge impact on blues music in the years to come. He also laid the ground work for pop music that would follow, and even punk rock. He was writing songs stripped down in ways that people thought couldn't be done, but he did it, and he made amazing music out of it that influencing people even to this day. This is his unprecedented debut, and check back tomorrow for his sophomore effort. One of my favorite vocal performances of all time is on this album on the song "Dearest Darling." I think you'll know what I mean. Get some Bo by CLICKING HERE!

No comments: