Don't know if you've all heard this, the story broke about an hour ago:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/04/AR2008020400493.html?hpid=topnews
Essentially: The Bush administration has introduced a $3 trillion spending plan to go towards defense (the "War On Terror") and his signature tax cuts for corporations and the upper 1% of citizens.
This is just a continuation of the recklessness and idiocy that has been ongoing for this administration for seven years, and now they want to dip into Social Security and Medicare in order to make this spending plan work, which would send us into the worst deficit in history.
What's worse is that if the spineless fuckheads in Congress have shown us anything, it's that they are not willing to stand up to the Bush administration and tell them NO.
So you all know where I stand, but whoever is reading this, I want you to make sure you vote. Tomorrow is Super Tuesday, and there are primaries coming up too. Make sure you vote. I'm not here to tell you how to vote, all I ask is that you vote. Less than half of American citizens of age to vote actually vote. American Idol gets over twice as many voters as any presidential election, and that just says so much to me about the sad state of affairs we're in. If you're not registered, quit thinking about it, quit putting it off. Get registered and vote!
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well said C.
Post a Comment