1. Sick & Alone2. Black Lightning
3. Barn Burning
4. A Curse
5. Evil On My Mind
6. I Cannot Escape The Darkness
7. The Plague
8. You Belong To Me
9. Old Pine Box
10. Dead Winter Moon
11. Nightmare Lullaby
This is a little out of the ordinary for me, seeing as this album came out just this week, but I couldn't help myself. This, the band's fourth release, is arguably their best. I've always liked this band, but this album solidified me as a full-fledged fan. It took me by surprise and blew me away. I got it three days ago and have listened to it ten times or more already. I also had the good fortune of seeing them play on their tour with Hank Williams III last year. The live experience is a lot different from studio. Their albums, especially this one, have a lot of overdubs; but live it's just the singer with a guitar and a drummer, very stripped-down. It's so different that I think they really need a live album. Something different about this album is that the ones that preceded it were very country-sounding with gothic overtones, but this makes a sharp turn into a gothic album with country overtones. Does that make sense? Well, listen to this album and others and you'll know what I mean. My main reason for posting this right away is because it's so good and it's a fairly underground band, and I want to get the word out on one of the best things going on in underground music today. So what are you waiting for? Get it HERE!!!!!!
1 comment:
You're not shitting me about eeriness my friend. Well, nevertheless I'm kinda stoked you stumbled upon my blog. I am not doing the radio show anymore. No one listened except my friends back at my apartment. This town suuuucks. So yes - go forth with that stellar name. I found it has a great ring. Maybe you'll mention my warmtunes blog. I'll add you to my blog roll for sure. AND I'm going to keep up with posts more. Love your blog. Keep in touch.
Post a Comment