For those who don't know, there exists hours upon hours of unreleased Hank Williams material. He did a weekly spot on a radio show called "Mother's Best" that were all recorded and only turned up about ten years ago in the hands of Legacy Recordings. Jett and Hank Jr. sued them as the company was rearin' to release them even though Hank's heirs own the rights to all of his recordings. Luckily, they won eventually, but they have yet to be officially released.
It's floating around out there, but it's getting difficult to find for some reason. At Uncle Gil's Rockin' Archives, you can get three CDs worth of songs that he never released anywhere else, but then there's about another 12 CDs worth of more recorded material (of songs that were released some where else at some time).
All of the torrents I found for the 15-CD set were all dead, and I found one blog with all of it, but most of the links were dead and apparently he was missing some songs. I'd like the whole kittenkabootle (I've never written that word anywhere before, ever, so I have no idea how to spell it).
Please help me in my Hank endeavors! Oh, and go HERE!
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment